Tasking care of others can be truly uplifting and yet it can become a serious burden. Caregiver burnout stems from the amount of time, effort and responsibility that is required for helping those close to you or possibly those you work for.
Whether you are taking care of your elderly parent, or your special needs child, or possibly your ailing spouse there are common themes to caregivers challenges and struggles. You may be wondering how you can reduce your stress and find a way to cope better with the challenges you are facing.
If you are at this point in your life and you are finding it hard to manage know that you are not alone and that there are strategies that you can use to make this experience a better one.
Much research has been published on the effectiveness of using mindfulness tools for caregiver burnout and stress.
In this article by Dr. Shapiro and colleagues “the study found participants in the MBSR program reported significant declines in stress, negative affect, rumination, state and trait anxiety, and significant increases in positive affect and self-compassion.
Further, MBSR participation was associated with increases in mindfulness, and this enhancement was related to several of the beneficial effects of MBSR participation.”
Caregiver Burnout Solutions:
- Join a support group (we have 2 new groups starting in January)
- Use meditation as a tool for calm focused relaxation
- Take a break! It is not selfish, it is necessary
- Remember the value of what you are doing
- Find joy is your positive relationships
- Lean on the people in your life that support you
- Ask for help when it gets too much
- Learn to transform negative mindset
2 support group to choose from. Both can be joined in person or online!
Want to Learn More?
Schedule your complementary 30-minute call today!